The Histopathology Department is a tertiary referral Centre for Oncopathology and Immunofluorescence microscopy.
Facilities available in the Department are as follows:
- Histopathology- Reporting Biopsies, surgical pathology specimens & special stains.
- Intraoperative Frozen Sections – / STEROTACTIC BRAIN BIOPSIES on cryostat.
- Liquid based Cytology – for detection of malignant cells in body fluids.
- Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology (FNAC) – The procedure in performed on swellings in breast/Thyroid/Lymph nodes etc.
- Liquid based Cytology for Gynaecological – PAP Smears-For Early detection of Cervical Cancer.
- Immunohistochemistry – more than 100 tumour markers are available in the Department. These markers are done on formalin fixed tissue in paraffin blocks. These markers help in diagnosis, classification and prognosticastion of various Cancers.
- Immunofluorescence Microscopy – For evaluation of kidney and skin biopsies.
Test Panel: IgG, IgA, IgM, C3, C1q, Fibrinogen, Kappa, Lamda
- Cytogenetics – Fluorescent in Situ Hybridisation (FISH) technique for Her2/neu testing in breast Cancer.
- For Direct Immunofluorescence: Fresh biopsy to be collected in Michel’s Transport Medium provided by the Histopathology Department.
- If there is a time lag between collection and delivery to the histopathology lab, kindly preserve sample at 2-8 deg.C in the refrigerator.
Non Hodgkin’s Lymphoma Panel -:
Alk1, BCL2, BCL6, CD3, CD5, CD10, CD20, CD21, CD23, CD43, CD45, CD68, CD79a, CyclinD, Pax5, TdT,Ki67
Small round cell tumor Panel -:
CD99, Desmin, TdT, LCA, Myogenin, Fli-1, Synaptophysin, Chromogranin, WT1
Metastatic Panel/Carcinoma of Unknown Primary (CUP) -:
CK7,CK20, CEA, CDX2,TTF-1, Thyroglobulin,WT1,Vimentin,PSA/PSAP, Synaptophysin/Chromogranin,S100/HMB-45
Various marker panels are available.
Breast Panel -:
ER, PR, Her2neu, Ki67, GCDFP15, E Cadherin
Hodgkin’s Lymphoma Panel -:
LCA, CD3, CD20, CD15, CD30, PAX5
Germ cell tumor Panel -:
AFP, B-HCG, PLAP
Ovarian Panel -:
CA125, CEA, Inhibin-Alpha
Prostate Panel -:
PSA, PSAP, AMACR, HMWCK, P63
Thyroid Panel -:
Thyroglobulin, Calcitonin, TTF1, HBME-1
Lung Panel -:
NapsinA, TTF1, CK7, BerEP4
Kidney Panel -:
C4d, CD10, Wilm’s Tumor (WT-1)
Colon / Gastric Panel -:
CDX2, CK7, CK20,
MSI Panel -:
MLH1, MSH2, MSH6, PMS2
Neuroendocrine Panel -:
NSE, Chromogranin, Synaptopysin
Melanoma Panel -:
HMB45, MelanA, S100
Carcinoma Panel -:
Cytokeratin, CK7, CK8+18, CK20, HMWCK, EMA, CEA, LMWCK
Sarcoma Panel -:
SMA, Desmin, CD34, S100, Vimentin, CD117
Liver Panel -:
Glypican 3, HSA, AFP.
GIST Panel :-
C-Kit, DOG1,SMA,S100, CD34
Myoepithelial Panel -:
Calponin, P63, SMA, SMM
Plasma cell Panel-:
CD138, Kappa, Lambda
Pancreatic Panel -: